Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things That Light Does

Classic Ski Marathon in Demino at Rybinsk.




My wife - a fanatical skier, you probably already know. Once upon a time I did it to instill an appreciation for this case to quit smoking. Who could imagine that all will have such an unexpected consequences?




In Demino we have visited in the summer, my daughter went to a sports camp, and we transported her there, even post in my LJ was where I bathe in the Volga River. However, the winter of Exercise in this blessed place we had just heard on TV or in sports broadcast look.
In Demino for several years held skating marathon, but there are participants under a thousand, and that I can not stand, here gathered together hundreds of smaller, respectively, the reasons not to go was not.


18-02-2001

We left on Friday at 11 o'clock in the morning - like earlier, but still took the kids to school while I was handing out instructions for the work, not previously published. It took 4.5 hours - not fast, but not fatal. First of Yaroslavl to Sergiev Posad, then along a deserted road R104 to Uglich, and there are already close to Rybinsk. The only obstacle - A section of road between the turn on Mishkin and the actual Rybinsk, where 30 km of track has 27 villages and the road is tortuous.
Places - smart: open spaces, Volga, sparkling white made, as many heart aches. The abundance of ancient villages, now, however, semi-abandoned and not very tidy, once again makes the release the curse against the commies, dovedshih the country to a coma.

On this occasion of the visit I made a deep conviction that the North of Russia should as soon as possible to separate from its southern part, let them be there in his own shit crawling, and we will live very well without them.



Now, however, return to the main Related ...

arrived in the afternoon, settled, had even a little ride, despite the temperature at minus 25 degrees Celsius on the go skiing published characteristic howling and screeching, ehalos matter.

Anticipating low humidity tomorrow, his wife was trying to pass on to all ski waxes slip vysokoftoristyh, on besftoristye - I hardly dissuaded her, promised dinner at a local restaurant, Pier.

restaurant is good there - built the wood (the largest wooden restaurant in the world, as stated in the certificate hanging on the wall - can be so, but in Argentina, I think I saw a bigger size, but without a certificate:), fed in It is quite good, the cook for such places quite good, but unfortunately, in the Russian province in any place, even in a good restaurant there is a place of native public, for which most cultural of all kinds of recreation is a blowjob in the men's toilet, which I unfortunately had to contemplate, when you visit a specified institution.

Back home we saw with horror at the window, that the thermometer is close to the mark of minus thirty .... the world stood in awful anticipation of tomorrow of the day, well, we quietly went Nabokov.

(the thermometer, unfortunately, poorly visible, but there is a minus 27.4)







February 19, 2011

Looking out the window four o'clock in the morning, I saw that the temperature rose to minus 22.4 - it is pleasing and encouraging to tolerable conditions for the coming day. And indeed, for breakfast we off even at minus twenty, and returned in minus eighteen, at the same time went a little snow, and significantly increased humidity.

An hour before the start we went to warm up, drove a couple miles back to the hotel, stripped down to racing form (as well live a hundred meters from the start), and 11-55 were replaced by in the rear rad starters.
However, with the stratum, we ran very well, once beating almost all runners who zakovyryalis cornering. A half-
meters was nehily lift, which we also ran at a trot, made me wonder - "And what for I do it? That way I will soon fall, completely deprived of its weak force! ". I had to moderate the pace of movement, Sveta immediately took off ahead of me ...
After another mile had to make technical stop, to remove out of place wearing a ski helmet from him misting goggles, and indeed it was over, it was not really even cold.
While I was tinkering, almost All I have to pass, well, damn, I went quietly, as a walk, with the sole purpose to get to the finish.

photos from the marathon, of course there will be no I have the camera with me at the race did not take ...

track was not particularly difficult, was mainly in the fields, there are small tyagunki, dives, nothing spectacular. Katsila, though not particularly well, and push hands did not work - despite the rolling ratrakom, the route was generally mild, if you truly lean heavily on sticks, they penetrated the upper crust of compacted ..... all we have in the sport for some starvelings doing the right word!

in the woods ehalo better, but wood was scarce, so I rolls people who were left behind on the first few kilometers ...

The first 12,5 km range, I drove an hour and one minute, which was very happy - it was not so bad as I expected. For the second time on a single circle on the rise, managed to run up close to a group of skiers and outsiders to gain a foothold for them. I have, in principle, imagine it is my clients .... painfully insecure they rolled, and in the slides went even worse than me. Thus, in admiring the surrounding nature and spins vperediiduschih, drove I am the second round, after which stopped to drink and chew morsiku raisins. At this time, I whizzed past the leader who went on finishing coil, I is such turns left two more.
Incidentally, the second round to go with the same speed as the first - hours after 25 km, was 2 hours and 2 minutes.


third round of anything not fundamentally different from the second, only I had to give way to the messengers, outstripping the circle, but there was not much of ICDO, overtook me, man 10 max.
At the finish the third round time was 3 hours 5 minutes - very rhythmically and rovnenko, even the most liked ....

However, misgiving arose in the body - because of the inability to properly push sticks, had strenuously swing one's arms down, that was not in vain - to 42-kilometer grabbed the left back, suddenly and very painful .... in the end group, which loomed large in the neighborhood and was in the plans of my lawful prey, immediately drove off from a field of view and Such was ... sad.
here and my strength came to an end, and five kilometers from the finish I started to dribble and stop ..... but to gather the remnants of the forces, and said to myself - "Think only then Pyaterochka, I trudged on, like a horse, a feeling of intimacy at home.

counting the steps remaining before the final descent to the stadium, I suddenly found Rolled that trails on which skis normally drove, was carefully cut ratrakom. Mitus had to barely visible track, filled with rubble Emery, razor blades and sandpaper ....
But Then with these torments and ran a column and I overcame a steep descent to the stadium, because the Charter waist is not allowed priyant aerodynamic stance.

faint and dizzy state of expanded consciousness that is so prized by all athletes, Marathon I crossed the finish line under the countenance judicial aunts ..... The voice on the radio announced the result of my 4 hours 15 minutes and how many out there seconds, 24 th by age group, I received a finishing package and supported by long-ailing elbow finisher wife went to the hotel, so there quietly die ...

However, this is me in any way failed as soon as I got a gentle stream of hot showers, as I stretched out an icy wind blowing through the open window - The wife listened to the results of the winners.
"Hurrah! I'm in prizes "- she cried in response to my cry, calling for her to have a conscience and does not freeze my loins ... - Quickly get dressed and go to the awards ceremony ".... Where there, I was careless enough to wet his thick hair, so just go for it is not I could, had a long, thirty seconds, to wipe his head with a towel to the street is not a cold and did not get meningitis ...

However, half-dead, but I dressed a civilized and dobrel to ceremonial Piglet, where awards are already in full swing:




Prizes us wife slapped pretty thing there just was not .... but keep silent about it:)



After the procedure, we otovarili dining coupons in the canteen, after which you can finally! relax in your room. Unfortunately
there was no one who could drink a bottle of merlot to me from Barton & Guestier, so dinner had to go dry, and after glass of red wine after marathon ordeal - so nice:)

20-02-2011

morning was a perfect ski pogodzha and we do not deny myself the pleasure to ride on without haste yesterday кругу:




Надо сказать, что в какой-нибудь Финляндии в погожий выходной день на подобной трассе было бы непротолкнуться, однако мы повстречали лишь grandfather in the vast hunting skiing, wandering through the village, but one man, caught up with us in the fields, while we photographed:


But trail-chic! Technically simple and beautiful, goes over the Volga in the fields and copses, revealing stunning views at every turn, and besides, the day was gorgeous - a real pre-spring, the peak winter udovostvie and foreboding close of March.

No, the audience in our province the best pastime honors cultural holiday, which I already wrote to the above: (((


After the walk we again visited the restaurant Pier, where the main character was a mother and a smooth kotische:



offering awesome views of the Volga:






And I certainly want to ever again go back to again experience the same blissful feeling of fullness of life from staying in a truly glorious place ("Pier," it's not just the name:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment